22 Va. Admin. Code § 40-665-420 - Renumbered
Current through Register Vol. 38, No. 3, September 27, 2021
Statutory Authority: §§ 22.1-16 and 22.1-289.046 of the Code of Virginia.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
22VAC40-665-420. Nutrition and food services.
A. Vendors shall schedule appropriate times for snacks or meals, or both, depending on the hours of operation and time of the day.
B. Drinking water shall be accessible to all children.
C. When meals or snacks are provided by the vendor, the following shall apply:
1. Vendors offering both meals and snacks shall serve a variety of nutritious foods and in sufficient portions.
2. Children three years of age or younger shall not be offered foods that are considered to be potential choking hazards.
D. When food is brought from home, the following shall apply:
1. The food container shall be clearly labeled in a way that identifies the owner;
2. The vendor shall have extra food or provisions to obtain food to serve to children so they can have an appropriate snack or meal if they forget to bring food from home, bring an inadequate meal or snack, or bring perishable food; and
3. Unused portions of opened food shall be discarded by the end of the day or returned to the parent.
E. Tables and high chair trays shall be cleaned and sanitized daily and before and after each use for feeding.
F. Food shall be prepared, stored, served, and transported in a clean and sanitary manner.
G. When food is prepared to which a child is allergic, the caregiver shall take steps to avoid cross contamination in order to prevent an allergic reaction.
H. A child with a diagnosed food allergy shall not be served any food identified in the written care plan required in 22VAC40-665-170 B 12.
§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-319, and 63.2-611 of the Code of Virginia; 45 CFR 98.11.
Derived from Volume 35, Issue 02, eff. October 17, 2018.