Agency 45 - DEPARTMENT OF LAW
- Chapter 5 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES (Part I to III)
- Chapter 10 - REGULATIONS GOVERNING DISCLOSURE OF CID (CIVIL INVESTIGATIVE DEMAND) (§ 1VAC45-10-10 to 1VAC45-10-100)
- Chapter 20 - REGULATIONS REGARDING THE VIRGINIA HUMAN RIGHTS ACT (§ 1VAC45-20-10 to 1VAC45-20-130)
Current through Register Vol.. 38, No. 17, April 11, 2022
The Attorney General is required to prescribe the form of bonds required of certain state officers. Code of Virginia, Title 2.2, Chapter 28.
The Attorney General is charged with investigating and prosecuting suspected violations of solicitation of contributions laws (Title 57, Chapter 5), the Virginia Antitrust Act (Title 59.1, Chapter 1.1), the Virginia Consumer Protection Act (Title 59.1, Chapter 17), and the Virginia Telephone Privacy Protection Act (Title 59.1, Chapter 44). In the course of an investigation under any of these acts, he may issue civil investigative demands to witnesses in possession of relevant information. The Attorney General has the authority to promulgate rules and regulations regarding his statutory authority to issue and enforce civil investigative demands. Code of Virginia, Title 59.1, Chapter 1.1.
The Attorney General also may, upon request, review proposed business conduct and state his present enforcement intentions regarding the proposed conduct. Regulations governing business review procedures are available at the principal office of the Attorney General.
Statutes and other materials respecting the Attorney General's principal functions as chief legal officer of the Commonwealth are not within the scope of the Virginia Register Act and are not noted here.
The principal office of the Attorney General is 900 East Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219. Internet address: http://www.oag.state.va.us/
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
- Preface - Agency Summary
- Chapter 5 - Public Participation Guidelines (Part I to Part III)
- Chapter 10 - Regulations Governing Disclosure of CID (Civil Investigative Demand) (1VAC45-10-10 to 1VAC45-10-100)
- Chapter 20 - Regulations Regarding the Virginia Human Rights Act (1VAC45-20-10 to 1VAC45-20-130)