Agency 5 - VIRGINIA STATE BAR
- Chapter 10 - REGULATIONS GOVERNING VIRGINIA LEGAL AID SOCIETIES (§ 15VAC5-10-10)
- Chapter 20 - REGULATIONS FOR THE APPROVAL OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AS A DEPOSITORY FOR ATTORNEY TRUST ACCOUNTS IN VIRGINIA [REPEALED] (§ 15VAC5-20-10 to 15VAC5-20-30)
- Chapter 30 - RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE CLIENTS' PROTECTION FUND OF THE VIRGINIA STATE BAR (Repealed) (§ 15VAC5-30-10 to 15VAC5-30-80)
- Chapter 40 - BYLAWS OF THE VIRGINIA STATE BAR AND COUNCIL (Part I to II)
- Chapter 50 - RULES OF DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES FOR VIRGINIA STATE BAR STAFF AND DISTRICT COMMITTEES [REPEALED] (§ 15VAC5-50-10 to 15VAC5-50-210)
- Chapter 60 - DISCIPLINARY BOARD RULES OF PROCEDURE [REPEALED] (§ 15VAC5-60-10 to 15VAC5-60-240)
- Chapter 70 - MANDATORY CONTINUING LEGAL EDUCATION REGULATION (Repealed) (§ 15VAC5-70-10 to 15VAC5-70-140)
- Chapter 80 - REGULATIONS UNDER THE VIRGINIA CONSUMER REAL ESTATE SETTLEMENT PROTECTION ACT (§ 15VAC5-80-10 to 15VAC5-80-50)
Current through Register Vol.. 38, No. 17, April 11, 2022
The Virginia Supreme Court is authorized to promulgate rules and regulations organizing and governing the Virginia State Bar. The Virginia State Bar acts as an administrative agency of the Supreme Court. It is responsible for investigating and reporting violations of rules and regulations adopted by the Supreme Court under Article 2 (§ 54.1-3909 et seq.) of Chapter 39 of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia. All persons engaged in the practice of law must be active members in good standing with the Virginia State Bar. Code of Virginia, Title 54.1, Chapter 39, Article 2.
The Supreme Court is authorized to promulgate rules and regulations:
The Virginia State Bar through its governing body is authorized to promulgate rules and regulations governing the function and operation of legal aid societies to further the objective of providing legal assistance to persons requiring such assistance but unable to pay for it. Code of Virginia, Title 54.1, Chapter 39, Article 2.
The Virginia State Bar, in consultation with the Virginia State Corporation Commission and the Virginia Real Estate Board, is required to promulgate regulations establishing guidelines for settlement agents designed to assist them in avoiding and preventing the unauthorized practice of law in conjunction with providing escrow, closing and settlement services. Code of Virginia, Title 6.1, Chapter 1.3.
Regulations are available at the offices of the Virginia State Bar, 707 East Main Street, Suite 1500, Richmond, VA 23219-2803. Internet address: http://www.vsb.org/
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
- Preface - Agency Summary
- Chapter 10 - Regulations Governing Virginia Legal Aid Societies (15VAC5-10-10)
- Chapter 20 - Regulations for the Approval of Financial Institutions As a Depository for Attorney Trust Accounts in Virginia [Repealed] (15VAC5-20-10 to 15VAC5-20-30)
- Chapter 30 - Rules of Procedure of the Clients' Protection Fund of the Virginia State Bar [Repealed] (15VAC5-30-10 to 15VAC5-30-80)
- Chapter 40 - Bylaws of the Virginia State Bar and Council [Repealed] (15VAC5-40-10 to 15VAC5-40-430)
- Chapter 50 - Rules of Disciplinary Procedures for Virginia State Bar Staff and District Committees [Repealed] (15VAC5-50-10)
- Chapter 60 - Disciplinary Board Rules of Procedure [Repealed] (15VAC5-60-10)
- Chapter 70 - Mandatory Continuing Legal Education Regulation [Repealed] (15VAC5-70-10 to 15VAC5-70-140)
- Chapter 80 - Attorney Real Estate Settlement Agents Regulations (15VAC5-80-10 to FORMS)