Agency 5 - BOARD OF HISTORIC RESOURCES
- Chapter 10 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES [REPEALED] (§ 17VAC5-10-10 to 17VAC5-10-40)
- Chapter 11 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES (Part I to III)
- Chapter 20 - REGULATIONS GOVERNING PERMITS FOR THE ARCHAEOLOGICAL REMOVAL OF HUMAN REMAINS (§ 17VAC5-20-10 to 17VAC5-20-80)
- Chapter 30 - EVALUATION CRITERIA AND PROCEDURES FOR DESIGNATIONS BY THE BOARD OF HISTORIC RESOURCES (Part I to VI)
- Chapter 40 - [Effective4/29/2022]REGULATIONS GOVERNING CONTEXTUALIZATION OF MONUMENTS OR MEMORIALS FOR CERTAIN WAR VETERANS (§ 17VAC5-40-10 to 17VAC5-40-50)
Current through Register Vol.. 38, No. 17, April 11, 2022
The Board of Historic Resources serves as an advisory and policy board to the Department of Historic Resources. The board is authorized to (i) designate historic districts, landmarks, buildings, structures, objects, or sites; (ii) establish and endorse appropriate historic preservation practices for the care and management of designated landmarks; (iii) approve the text of state historical highway markers and approve the design, appearance, size, and height of local historical highway markers; and (iv) acquire by purchase or gift designated landmarks and sites, or easements or interests therein. The board is authorized to promulgate regulations necessary to carry out its powers and duties, including at a minimum criteria and procedures for the designation of historic landmarks and historic districts. Code of Virginia, Title 10.1, Chapter 22.
The board is authorized to promulgate regulations regarding the issuance of department permits for the archaeological excavation of human burials. Code of Virginia, Title 10.1, Chapter 23.
The board and department operate under the supervision of the Secretary of Natural Resources. Regulations are available at the department's principal office at 2801 Kensington Avenue, Richmond, VA 23228. Internet address: http://www.dhr.virginia.gov/ or through the Legislative Information System, http://leg1.state.va.us/ and the Regulatory Town Hall, http://townhall.virginia.gov/ http://leg1.state.va.us/
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
- Preface - Agency Summary
- Chapter 10 - Public Participation Guidelines [Repealed] (17VAC5-10-10 to 17VAC5-10-40)
- Chapter 11 - Public Participation Guidelines (Part I to Part III)
- Chapter 20 - Regulations Governing Permits for the Archaeological Removal of Human Remains (17VAC5-20-10 to 17VAC5-20-80)
- Chapter 30 - Evaluation Criteria and Procedures for Designations by the Board of Historic Resources (Part I to FORMS)