Agency 15 - STATE MILK COMMISSION
- Chapter 10 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES [REPEALED] (§ 2VAC15-10-10 to 2VAC15-10-40)
- Chapter 11 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES [REPEALED] (§ 2VAC15-11-10 to 2VAC15-11-120)
- Chapter 12 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES (Part I to III)
- Chapter 20 - REGULATIONS FOR THE CONTROL AND SUPERVISION OF VIRGINIA'S MILK INDUSTRY (§ 2VAC15-20-10)
Current through Register Vol.. 38, No. 17, April 11, 2022
The State Milk Commission is broadly authorized to supervise, regulate, and control the production, transportation, processing, storage, distribution, delivery, and sale of milk, and to make regulations to carry out the Milk Control Act. It has specific authority to license distributors; to fix prices paid to producers and minimum and maximum wholesale and retail prices; to define marketing areas; to promulgate accounting systems for distributors; to levy assessments for administrative expenses and collect the same from distributors; to inspect books and records and require reports; to act as a mediator; to cooperate with other authorities; to make, adopt, and enforce rules, regulations, and orders; to take depositions and administer oaths; and to issue subpoenas. The general powers granted by the statute are not qualified by these grants of specific powers, but the commission may fix minimum retail prices only where necessary to prevent market disruption. Code of Virginia, Title 3.2, Chapter 32.
The commission operates under the supervision of the Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry as a division of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Regulations are available at the commission's office in the Oliver Hill Building, 102 Governor Street, Room 205, Richmond, VA 23219. Internet address: www.vdacs.virginia.gov/smc/
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
- Preface - Agency Summary
- Chapter 10 - Public Participation Guidelines [Repealed] (2VAC15-10-10)
- Chapter 11 - Public Participation Guidelines [Repealed] (2VAC15-11-10 to 2VAC15-11-120)
- Chapter 12 - Public Participation Guidelines (Part I to Part III)
- Chapter 20 - Regulations for the Control and Supervision of Virginia's Milk Industry (2VAC15-20-10 to DIBR)