Agency 35 - COMMISSION ON THE VIRGINIA ALCOHOL SAFETY ACTION PROGRAM
- Chapter 10 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES [REPEALED] (§ 24VAC35-10-10 to 24VAC35-10-70)
- Chapter 11 - PUBLIC PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES (Part I to III)
- Chapter 20 - POLICY AND PROCEDURE MANUAL (Part I to XV)
- Chapter 30 - VASAP CASE MANAGEMENT POLICY AND PROCEDURE MANUAL (Part I to II)
- Chapter 40 - CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MANUAL (Part I to II)
- Chapter 60 - IGNITION INTERLOCK PROGRAM REGULATIONS (§ 24VAC35-60-10 to 24VAC35-60-140)
- Chapter 70 - REMOTE ALCOHOL MONITORING DEVICE REGULATIONS (§ 24VAC35-70-10 to 24VAC35-70-140)
The Commission on the Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program (VASAP), or any county, city, town or any combination, may establish and operate alcohol safety action programs in connection with highway safety. The commission is authorized to establish and assure the maintenance of minimum standards and criteria for program operations and performance, accounting, auditing, public information, and administrative procedures for the various local alcohol safety action programs, and is responsible for overseeing the administration of the statewide VASAP system. It also is responsible for establishing procedures to certify the programs to ensure that they meet the minimum standards and criteria. Code of Virginia, Title 18.2, Chapter 7, Article 2.
The commission is authorized to adopt regulations and forms for the installation, maintenance, and certification of ignition interlock systems. Code of Virginia, Title 18.2, Chapter 7, Article 2.
Regulations and forms are available from the commission's office located at 701 East Franklin Street, Suite 1110, Richmond, VA 23219. Internet address: http://www.vasap.state.va.us/
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.