Wash. Admin. Code § 204-93-030 - Definitions
(1) Assistance van: A vehicle that has been approved by the state patrol to provide aid, free of charge, to vehicles with equipment or fuel problems. An assistance van will be referred to as "van" in this regulation.
(2) Commander: Means the commanding officer, or their designee, of a Washington state patrol district or division.
(3) ESR: Equipment and standards review section of the Washington state patrol.
(4) Driver: Means any person who drives the van and furnishes the actual service.
(5) Geographic area: Means the city, county, state routes or interstate roads on which the vehicle will be operated under the authorized emergency vehicle permit if approved.
(6) Highway: Means the entire width between the boundary lines of every way publicly maintained when any part thereof is open to the use of the public for purposes of vehicular travel.
(7) Inspector: Means an officer of the Washington state patrol who has been designated by his/her commander to conduct inspections of assistance vans.
(8) Operator: Means the person(s) or firm so named in the letter of appointment, who operates the assistance van.
(9) Owner: Means the legal owner of the assistance van.
(10) Patrol: Means the Washington state patrol as defined in RCW 43.43.010.
(11) Permit: Means the document issued by ESR that authorized the assistance van to operate.
(12) Primary jurisdiction: Means lead department who has jurisdiction on the roads that the applicant wishes to use the emergency lighting on.
(13) Political subdivision: Means the individual who has authority over the applicant if the applicant is the chief law enforcement officer or fire chief.
Statutory Authority: RCW 46.37.005, 46.37.197, and 46.52.120. 09-18-072, § 204-93-030, filed 8/31/09, effective 10/1/09. Statutory Authority: RCW 47.52.120. 90-18-049, § 204-93-030, filed 8/30/90, effective 9/30/90. Statutory Authority: RCW 47.52.120 and 46.37.005. 85-20-090 (Order 002-85), § 204-93-030, filed 10/1/85.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.