Wash. Admin. Code § 308-104-004 - Definitions
As used in this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise, the term:
(1) "Examination," for purposes of RCW 46.20.305, means any one or combination of the following:
(a) A medical certificate to be completed by a competent medical authority;
(b) A vision certificate to be completed by a competent vision authority such as an optometrist or ophthalmologist;
(c) A psychiatric evaluation by a competent authority;
(d) An alcohol or drug evaluation or report of progress in alcohol or drug treatment from an alcohol or drug treatment agency approved by the department of social and health services;
(e) A reexamination of knowledge and driving ability conducted by a licensing services representative;
(f) A special examination of knowledge and driving ability conducted by a licensing services representative;
(2) "Jurisdiction" means a state, territory, or possession of the United States; the District of Columbia; or a province of Canada;
(3) "Military personnel" means active members of the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, commissioned officers of the Public Health Service, and members of foreign military organizations assigned to this state on official duty. For purposes of this section, a person in the reserves will not be considered an "active member" unless he or she has been called to active duty for a period exceeding the full period specified for license expiration in RCW 46.20.181;
(4) "Notice" and "order," when used in relation to driver's license suspensions, revocations, denials, and cancellations, and in relation to the disqualification of a person from operating a commercial motor vehicle, may be interchangeable and mean the written notice given by the department to a person under the provisions of RCW 46.20.245 or other law;
(5) "State" means a state of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a United States territory or possession.
Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110 and 46.20.245. 12-17-075, § 308-104-004, filed 8/14/12, effective 9/14/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110. 00-18-069, § 308-104-004, filed 9/1/00, effective 10/2/00; 87-19-129 (Order DS 3), § 308-104-004, filed 9/22/87.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.