Wash. Admin. Code § 308-56A-311 - Personal property lien - Landlord's lien for rent

(1) What is a landlord's lien for rent? For the purposes of this chapter, a landlord's lien for rent is a process by which a landlord may sell or take ownership of a tenant's vehicle as security for rent due.
(2) What documents are required to issue a certificate of ownership for a vehicle obtained through the landlord's lien for rent process? The required documents include:
(a) A completed affidavit of landlord lien form provided or approved by the department;
(b) Application for certificate of ownership; and
(c) Other documents that may be required by law or rule.
(3) When is a Washington court order required to issue a certificate of ownership as a result of a landlord's lien for rent? A Washington court order is required when there is no record of the vehicle on file with the department.
(4) What laws regulate landlords' lien for rent?Chapters 59.18, 60.10, and 60.72 RCW regulate landlord liens for rent.


Wash. Admin. Code § 308-56A-311

Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110. 06-17-145, § 308-56A-311, filed 8/22/06, effective 9/22/06.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.