Wash. Admin. Code § 308-56A-315 - Name change

What document must I submit to change my name shown on the certificate of ownership? You must submit:

(1) Documents required by chapters 46.01 and 46.12 RCW; and
(2) If the name was changed by a court order, a copy of that order; or
(3) A notarized/certified affidavit signed by you stating:
(a) Your previous and current names; and
(b) The reason for the name change; and
(c) That the purpose of the name change is not to defraud.


Wash. Admin. Code § 308-56A-315

Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110, 46.12.101. 03-12-071, § 308-56A-315, filed 6/3/03, effective 7/4/03; 99-13-150, § 308-56A-315, filed 6/21/99, effective 7/22/99; Order MV 208, § 308-56A-315, filed 7/31/74.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.