Wash. Admin. Code § 308-99-060 - Reciprocity for leased and rented vehicles

Is there vehicle license reciprocity for rental or leased vehicles? Yes, unless there is an agreement or arrangement to the contrary. The classes of vehicles and circumstances indicated below are eligible for reciprocity:

(1) Passenger cars and motor homes currently and properly registered in another jurisdiction will be granted vehicle license reciprocity in this state if:
(a) The vehicle was rented by the vehicle operator from a location outside of the state of Washington;
(b) The vehicle was dropped off in Washington by the previous renter and is being rented for a one-way trip out of Washington; or
(c) The vehicle is registered under the provisions of Article XI, Section 1116 of the International Registration Plan.
(2) Trailers and semi-trailers with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 6,000 pounds, trucks, truck tractors, tractors, and road tractors that are currently and properly registered in other jurisdictions will be granted vehicle license reciprocity in this state if:
(a) The vehicle is rented from a location within another jurisdiction; and
(b) The actual vehicle registration certificate (cab card) or a photo copy of the vehicle registration certificate and a copy of the rental agreement is carried in the rental vehicle or in the vehicle providing the motive power for a combination of vehicles.


Wash. Admin. Code § 308-99-060

Statutory Authority: RCW 46.01.110. 05-01-048, § 308-99-060, filed 12/7/04, effective 1/7/05; 00-20-064, § 308-99-060, filed 10/3/00, effective 11/3/00.

State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.

No prior version found.