Wash. Admin. Code § 332-52-002 - Purpose
(1) What is the purpose of these rules? The purpose of this chapter is to set standards for public use on lands managed by the department of natural resources (DNR). These rules promote public health and safety and protect department-managed lands, property, and resources.
(2) Do these rules apply to all department-managed lands? These rules apply to all lands of the state of Washington administered by the department of natural resources. These lands include but are not limited to:
(a) State lands, state forest lands, and state-owned aquatic lands.
(b) Natural area preserves as defined in chapter 79.70 RCW or natural resources conservation areas as defined in chapter 79.71 RCW.
(c) Lands leased from DNR by another public agency when the agency has no public use rules or the agency requests the department rules apply.
(d) Other city, county, state and federal lands under DNR management.
(3) To whom do these rules apply?
(a) These rules apply to any person using department-managed lands with the exceptions noted below.
(b) These rules do not apply to any person engaged in commercial or other activities conducted under sale, lease, permit or other authority from the department if such rules are inconsistent with the department's legal obligations to the person engaged in the authorized activity.
(c) These rules do not apply to any person using the waters above state-owned aquatic lands for navigation and other uses associated with the right of navigation under the Public Trust Doctrine, except to the extent that the rules control anchorage. The right of navigation is subject to rules and regulations administered by other public agencies including, but not limited to, the U.S. Coast Guard, counties, and cities.
(4) Who is responsible for knowing and following these rules? All persons who use department-managed land must know and follow the department's rules.
(5) What happens if one of these rules is held invalid? If any provision of this chapter or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the remainder of this chapter or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected.
(6) What types of activities will the department allow on department-managed lands? The department may allow activities on department-managed lands that meet all of the following criteria:
(a) Consistent with this chapter and other state laws and regulations.
(b) Consistent with land management objectives.
(c) Consistent with trust obligations on applicable trust lands.
(d) Authorized or permitted by the department.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.30 RCW and RCW 43.12.065. 09-05-034, § 332-52-002, filed 2/11/09, effective 3/14/09.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.