Wash. Admin. Code § 332-52-305 - Water recreation facilities
(1) What are water recreation facilities? Water recreation facilities include recreational floats, piers, mooring buoys, docks, pilings, linear moorage facilities, and other similar structures managed by the department for recreational use.
(2) Are reservations required for moorage at water recreation facilities?
(a) Moorage at water recreation facilities is on a first-come, first-served basis.
(b) Persons are not required to reserve moorage at water recreation facilities, unless otherwise posted. Any required reservations must be made in accordance with WAC 332-52-200.
(3) What is the maximum length of stay at a water recreation facility? The department may determine the maximum length of stay at each moorage facility.
(a) Unless posted otherwise, continuous moorage by the same vessel is limited to three consecutive nights, after which time the vessel must vacate the water recreation facility for twenty-four hours. The three-night count begins on the date of the first night's moorage.
(b) Persons must vacate water recreation facilities by removing their vessel and all personal property from the moorage facility no later than 1:00 p.m. on the day the time limit for occupancy expires.
(4) May a water recreation facility be held with a floating marker or other method for current or future moorage dates? A person shall not hold a water recreation facility with a floating marker such as a buoy or dinghy or by any other method other than occupying the facility with the vessel to be moored.
(5) May water recreation facilities be used by commercial recreation providers?
(a) Water recreation facilities may be used by commercial recreation providers only to:
(i) Unload and load passengers transported for recreation purposes.
(ii) Moor overnight as authorized by the department.
(b) Except as stated above, use of water recreation facilities by commercial recreation providers is prohibited.
(6) What size vessel may I moor at water recreation facilities? The maximum length of a vessel moored at a water recreation facility shall not exceed thirty-two feet unless otherwise posted.
(7) May I raft vessels at water recreation facilities? Rafting of vessels is prohibited unless otherwise posted.
(8) Any violation of this section is an infraction under chapter 7.84 RCW.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.30 RCW and RCW 43.12.065. 09-05-034, § 332-52-305, filed 2/11/09, effective 3/14/09.
State regulations are updated quarterly; we currently have two versions available. Below is a comparison between our most recent version and the prior quarterly release. More comparison features will be added as we have more versions to compare.
No prior version found.