110-06-0040 - Background clearance requirements
110-06-0040. Background clearance requirements
This section applies to all subject individuals other than in-home/relative providers.
(1) Subject individuals associated with early learning services applying for a first-time background check must complete the DCYF background check application process including, but not limited to:
(a) Submitting a completed background check application;
(b) Completing the required fingerprint process; and
(c) Paying all required fees as provided in WAC 110-06-0044.
(2) All subject individuals qualified by the department to have unsupervised access to children in care who are renewing their applications must:
(a) Submit the new background check application through DCYF;
(b) Submit payment of all required fees as provided in WAC 110-06-0044; and
(c) Complete the required fingerprint process if the subject individual lives or has lived outside of Washington state since the previous background check was completed, or has not previously completed the fingerprint process required by this section.
(3) Each subject individual completing the DCYF background check process must disclose whether they have:
(a) Been convicted of any crime;
(b) Any pending criminal charges; and
(c) Been subject to any negative action, as defined by WAC 110-06-0020.
(4) Subject individuals must not have unsupervised access to children in care unless they have obtained DCYF authorization under this chapter.
(5) A subject individual who has been disqualified by DCYF must not be present on the premises when early learning services are provided to children.(WSR 18-14-078, recodified as § 110-06-0040, filed 6/29/18, effective 7/1/18 Amended by WSR 19-01-111, Filed 12/18/2018, effective 1/18/2019 Amended by WSR 19-21-064, Filed 10/11/2019, effective 11/11/2019)
Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.070 and chapter 43.215 RCW. WSR 15-24-040, § 170-06-0040, filed 11/20/15, effective 1/1/16. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.215.200, 43.215.205, 43.215.215 through 43.215.218, 43.43.830, 43.43.832, chapter 43.215 and 43.43 RCW, and 2011 c 295. WSR 12-12-040, § 170-06-0040, filed 5/30/12, effective 7/1/12. Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.215 RCW, RCW 43.43.832, 2006 c 265 and 2007 c 387. WSR 08-10-041, § 170-06-0040, filed 4/30/08, effective 5/31/08.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.