132F-142-030 - Use of facilities
132F-142-030. Use of facilities
(1) There shall be no camping on college facilities or grounds between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Camping is defined to include sleeping, cooking activities, or storing personal belongings, for personal habitation, or the erection of tents or other shelters or structures used for purposes of personal habitation.
(2) Any sound amplification device may only be used at a volume which does not disrupt or disturb the normal use of classrooms, offices or laboratories, or any previously scheduled college activity.
(3) College groups are encouraged to notify the campus public safety department no later than twenty four hours in advance of an activity. However, unscheduled activities are permitted so long as the activity does not displace any other activities occurring at the college.
(4) All sites used for first amendment activities should be cleaned up and left in their original condition and may be subject to inspection by a representative of the college after the activity. Reasonable charges may be assessed against the sponsoring organization for the costs of extraordinary cleanup or for the repair of damaged property.
(5) All college and noncollege groups must comply with fire, safety, sanitation or special regulations specified for the activity.
(6) The activity must not be conducted in such a manner as to obstruct vehicular, bicycle, pedestrian, or other traffic or otherwise interfere with ingress or egress to the college, college buildings or facilities, or college activities. The activity must not create safety hazards or pose safety risks to others.
(7) The activity must not substantially interfere with educational activities inside or outside any college building or otherwise prevent the college from fulfilling its mission and achieving its primary purpose of providing an education to its students. The activity must not substantially infringe on the rights and privileges of college students, employees or invitees to the college.
(8) College facilities may not be used for commercial sales, solicitations, advertising or promotional activities, unless:
(a) Such activities serve educational purposes of the college; and
(b) Such activities are under the sponsorship of a college department, office, or officially chartered student club.
(9) The activity must also be conducted in accordance with any other applicable college policies and rules, local ordinances, state, and federal laws.(Adopted by WSR 14-01-015, filed 12/6/13, effective 1/6/14)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.