132K-122-040 - The right to inspect and view records
132K-122-040. The right to inspect and view records
(1) Pierce College students shall have the right to review and inspect their education records.
(2) A request by a student for a review of information contained in a student's education records should be made in writing to the Pierce College registrar who shall require presentation of proper identification including validation of identity by way of the student's identification card and/or signatures of the requesting student.
(3) The registrar must respond to a request for inspection and review of education records within a reasonable period of time but in no case more than forty-five days after the request has been made.
(4) Pierce College shall respond within thirty days of receipt of a reasonable student request for explanation and interpretation of the student's education records provided that such requests are in writing and signed by the requesting student and specific as to the portion or portions of the education records thought to be interpreted and explained.
(5) After reviewing his or her records, a student may request an amendment of the records if the student believes them to be inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise in violation of the privacy or other rights of the student. The college shall, within thirty days after receipt of a written request for correction or deletion of information contained in the records signed by the student and specific as to the information to be deleted or corrected, inform the student of whether the request is accepted or denied. If the request for correction or deletion of inaccurate or misleading or otherwise inappropriate data has been denied, the student may seek redress through the hearing procedures provided for below and may place a written statement of rebuttal in his or her records.
Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140. 86-15-020 (Order 86-1, Resolution No. 86-1), § 132K-122-040, filed 7/11/86; Order 37, § 132K-122-040, filed 9/2/77.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.