132R-175-080 - Requests for public records

132R-175-080. Requests for public records

In accordance with requirements of chapter 42.56 RCW public records may be inspected or copied or copies of such records may be obtained, by members of the public, upon compliance with the following procedures:

(1) A request to inspect or copy public records of the district should be made in writing upon a form prescribed by the district, or by letter, fax, or email addressed to the public records officer. The request form prescribed by the district is available at its administrative office and on Big Bend Community College's web page at http://www.bigbend.edu/information-center/public-information-request/. The request should be presented to the public records officer at the administrative office of the district during customary office hours. The request shall include the following information:

(a) The name of the person requesting the record;

(b) The address of the person requesting the record;

(c) Other contact information, including telephone number and any email address;

(d) The date and time of day when the request was made;

(e) Adequate identification of the public records for the public records officer to locate the records;

(f) A verification that the records requested shall not be used to compile a commercial sales list;

(g) The format the requestor wants to receive the documents in, which should include whether the request is to inspect documents or purchase copies.

(2) The public records officer or designee may accept requests for public records that contain the information in this section by telephone or in person. If the public records officer or designee accepts such a request, he or she will confirm receipt of the information and the substance of the request in writing.

(Amended by WSR 18-17-027, Filed 8/6/2018, effective 9/6/2018)

Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.50.140 and chapter 34.05 RCW. 03-15-063, § 132R-175-080, filed 7/14/03, effective 8/14/03; Order 73-8, § 132R-175-080, filed 5/4/73.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.