132U-140-035 - Priority use of facilities for college activities
132U-140-035. Priority use of facilities for college activities
When allocating use of college facilities, top priority shall be given to activities specifically related to the college's mission. No arrangements shall be made that may interfere with, or operate to the detriment of, the college's own teaching, research, rental, or public service programs. In particular, the college buildings, properties, and facilities shall be used primarily for:
(1) Regularly established teaching, research, or public service activities of the college and its departments.
(2) Cultural, educational, or recreational activities of the students, faculty, or staff.
(3) Short courses, conferences, seminars, or similar events conducted either in the public service or for the advancement of specific departmental professional interests, when arranged under the sponsorship of the college or its departments.
(4) Public events of a cultural or professional nature brought to the campus at the request of college departments or committees and presented with their active sponsorship and active participation.
(5) Public events, activities, or programs sponsored by the college and educational institutions, state or federal agencies, charitable agencies or civic or community organizations whose activities are of widespread public service and of a character appropriate to the college.
(6) College facilities shall be assigned to student organizations for regular business meetings, social functions and for programs open to the public. Any recognized campus student organization may invite speakers from outside the college community. In conformance with state guidelines, the appearance of an invited speaker on campus does not represent an endorsement by the college, its students, faculty, administration, or the board of trustees, whether implicit or explicit, of the speaker's views.
(7) The college may restrict an individual or group's use of college facilities if that person or group has, in the past, physically abused college facilities. Charges may be imposed for rental, damage, or for any other unusual costs for the use of facilities. The individual, group, or organization requesting space will be required to state in advance the general purpose of any meeting. If any charge or collection of funds is contemplated, advance permission from the party giving authority for space allocations will be required.(Adopted by WSR 14-11-030, filed 5/13/14, effective 6/13/14)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.