137-52-010 - Definitions
(1) "Escorted leave" is an approved leave of absence by an inmate from a correctional facility under the continuous supervision of trained correctional staff.
(2) "Immediate family" includes an inmate's parents, stepparents, parent surrogates, grandparents, legal guardians, spouse, state registered domestic partner, brothers, sisters, half or step-brothers or sisters, children, stepchildren, and dependents whether or not in direct lineal relationship to the inmate.
(3) "Indigent" shall be understood to mean an inmate who has not been credited with five dollars or more total from any source(s) for deposit to the inmate's trust fund account during the thirty days preceding the request for an escorted leave and has less than a five dollar balance in his/her trust fund account on the day the escorted leave is requested, or together with his/her immediate family cannot post a five hundred dollar bond to secure the repayment of the expenses of the escorted leave on the day the escorted leave is requested. A declaration of indigency shall be signed by the inmate and the inmate's family on forms provided by the department.
(4) "Director" means the deputy secretary of the prisons division or his/her designee(s).
(5) "Superintendent" means the superintendent of a state correctional institution, state honor camp, or other penal institutions as now or hereafter established under the jurisdiction of the department of corrections pursuant to law or his/her designee.
(6) "Department" means the department of corrections.
(7) "Secretary" means the secretary of the department of corrections or his/her designee(s).
(8) "Nonviolent offender" means any person convicted of a felony not classified as a violent offense under chapter 9.94A RCW.
10-02-008, § 137-52-010, filed 12/24/09, effective 1/24/10. 07-08-082, § 137-52-010, filed 4/2/07, effective 5/3/07. 01-04-001, § 137-52-010, filed 1/24/01, effective 2/22/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 72.01.380. 85-07-042 (Order 85-07), § 137-52-010, filed 3/19/85. Formerly WAC 275-85-005.
Reviser's note: Under RCW 34.05.030(1)(c), as amended by section 103, chapter 288, Laws of 1988, the above section was not adopted under the Administrative Procedure Act, chapter 34.05 RCW, but was published in the Washington State Register and codified into the Washington Administrative Code exactly as shown by the agency filing with history notes added by the code reviser's office.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.