137-52-030 - Approval
Escorted leaves for medium and minimum custody inmates shall be approved or denied by the superintendent. Escorted leaves for close and maximum custody inmates for the purpose of medical or dental treatment shall be approved or denied by the superintendent. Escorted leaves for close and maximum custody inmates, with the exception of medical or dental treatment, shall be approved or denied by the secretary. In approving a request for escorted leave, the following factors will be considered:
(1) The nature of the request for escorted leave;
(2) The community risk associated with granting the request for an escorted leave based on the security or escape risk;
(3) The inmate's overall history of stability and any tendencies toward violent disruptive behavior;
(4) Any history of unusual disciplinary problems;
(5) The inmate's degree of trustworthiness as demonstrated by his/her performance in work assignments and maintenance of a clear disciplinary record;
(6) Any significant health problems that might be aggravated as a result of the leave; and
(7) Such other information as may be deemed relevant.
Statutory Authority: RCW 72.01.380. 85-20-081 (Order 85-10), § 137-52-030, filed 9/30/85; 85-07-042 (Order 85-07), § 137-52-030, filed 3/19/85. Formerly WAC 275-85-030.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.