137-67-020 - Request for transfer

137-67-020. Request for transfer

An inmate committed to the Washington corrections system who is a citizen of a foreign country may make an application for a voluntary transfer to the inmate's country of origin or citizenship, provided the following conditions exist:

(1) The inmate is able to establish citizenship in a treaty nation;

(2) The inmate voluntarily requests the transfer;

(3) There is no unresolved detainer lodged against the inmate;

(4) There is no pending fine or restitution obligation imposed on the inmate by a court of competent jurisdiction in the United States;

(5) There is no pending or actual sentence for civil contempt against the inmate; and

(6) There is no pending appeal or collateral attack on the underlying sentence or sentences which form the basis of the inmate's custody.

Statutory Authority: RCW 72.68.010. 85-18-061 (Order 85-07), ยง 137-67-020, filed 9/3/85.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.