139-05-241 - Sponsored reserve officer requirements for basic law enforcement academy training
139-05-241. Sponsored reserve officer requirements for basic law enforcement academy training
(1) A law enforcement agency may sponsor a reserve officer, as defined by WAC 139-05-810, as an applicant for basic law enforcement training.
(2) The commission has sole discretion to admit or deny admittance to the basic law enforcement academy. Priority for admittance to the basic law enforcement academy shall be given to applicants currently employed as fully commissioned law enforcement officers.
(3) Reserve officer applicants who are admitted to the basic law enforcement academy are responsible for the full cost of attendance at the basic law enforcement academy, including payment for room and board if room and board are requested by the applicant. Full payment for attendance at the basic law enforcement academy must be paid in advance as a condition of attendance and is nonrefundable.
(4) Reserve officer applicants must provide proof of agency labor and industries coverage or adequate medical insurance coverage as a condition of admission to the basic law enforcement academy. Such applicants must maintain said medical insurance throughout the duration of the academy; and must immediately notify the commission in the event that medical insurance terminates, changes, or coverage and liability under the policy is substantially changed. The commission has sole discretion to determine what constitutes adequate medical insurance coverage for attendance at the basic law enforcement academy.
(5) Reserve officer applicants must satisfy all other requirements for admittance to and continued participation in the basic law enforcement academy, to include those requirements set forth in WAC 139-05-220, 139-05-230, and 139-05-240.
(6) Reserve officers are not eligible for peace officer or tribal police officer certification.(Adopted by WSR 14-01-045, filed 12/11/13, effective 1/11/14)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.