139-33-015 - Firearms certification-Application
139-33-015. Firearms certification-Application
(1) Any application for firearms certification shall:
(a) Be filed with the commission on a form provided by the commission;
(b) Be signed by the principal owner, principal partner, or corporate officer of the licensed bail bond recovery agency employing the applicant;
(c) Establish through required documentation or otherwise that applicant:
(i) Is at least twenty-one years of age; and
(ii) Possesses a valid and current bail bond recovery agent license, if applicable.
(d) Be accompanied by payment of a processing fee as set by the commission.
(2) After receipt and review of an application, the commission will provide written notification within ten business days to the requesting agency regarding applicant's ability to obtain and possess a firearms certification.
(3) An "armed" bail bond recovery agent must be qualified by a firearms instructor certified by the commission and provide the commission with proof of the initial qualification for each firearm that he/she is authorized to use in the performance of his/her duties.
(4) It shall be the responsibility of the employer to ensure that the armed bail bond recovery agent demonstrates proficiency standards on an annual basis with each firearm that he/ she is certified to use. Proficiency standards shall be set by the commission.
(5) Per RCW 18.185.250(6), a bail bond recovery agent shall not have had certification as a peace officer revoked or denied under chapter 43.101 RCW, unless certification has subsequently been reinstated under RCW 43.101.115.
(a) If peace officer certification is revoked or denied, the bail bond recovery agent is ineligible for firearms certification.
(b) If peace officer certification status has been reinstated, the commission will review each request for bail bond recovery agent firearms certification to ensure the individual is eligible for firearms certification and meets all firearms certification requirements as stated in this chapter.(Adopted by WSR 14-01-047, filed 12/11/13, effective 1/11/14)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.