172-115-030 - Pets on campus
172-115-030. Pets on campus
Pets are permitted on university property only when their presence complies with all of the following requirements:
(1) All pets brought onto university property must be licensed and leashed as required by local ordinances and/or state law.
(2) Pets are not permitted inside university buildings, except pets may be permitted in housing facilities when the pet's presence fully complies with all applicable housing agreements and policies or when required by state or federal law.
(3) Owners shall maintain direct and continuous control of any pet brought onto university property. Owners shall not permit any pet to run at large on university property. Pets that are tethered in the owner's absence and not under the owner's direct control are considered to be running at large.
(4) Owners shall not permit any pet to enter any pond, fountain, or stream located on university property.
(5) Owners shall remove from university property any pet that disturbs or disrupts university activities or operations.
(6) Owners shall immediately remove from university property any pet that exhibits behavior that is threatening to people, other animals, or university property.
(7) Owners shall immediately cleanup and properly dispose of any feces or vomit created by their pets.
(8) Further restrictions to pets may apply to specific areas of university property, consistent with university policies and/or state and federal laws including, but not limited to, food preparation areas, animal research facilities, and biologically sensitive or hazardous areas.(Adopted by WSR 14-24-041, Filed 11/24/2014, effective 12/25/2014)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.