172-191-050 - Obtaining copies of records

172-191-050. Obtaining copies of records

Students may obtain copies of their education records. The office of the registrar is the only office which may issue an official transcript of the student's academic record. Charges for copies shall not exceed the cost normally charged by the university copy center (except in cases where charges have previously been approved for certain specified services).

(1) The university may refuse to provide copies of education records including transcripts and diplomas in the following circumstances:

(a) If the record is a secure exam as determined by the department that maintains the exam, so that the integrity of such exams may be protected; and/or

(b) If disciplinary action is pending or sanctions are not completed.

(2) The university must provide copies of education records, subject to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, in the following circumstances:

(a) If failure to do so would effectively prevent the student from inspecting and reviewing a record;

(b) When records are released pursuant to a student's consent and the student requests copies; and/or

(c) When the records are transferred to another educational institution where the student seeks to attend or intends to enroll and the student requests copies.

(Amended by WSR 21-01-103, Filed 12/11/2020, effective 1/11/2021)

Statutory Authority: RCW 28B.35.120(12). 09-19-064, ยง 172-191-050, filed 9/14/09, effective 10/15/09.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.