208-594-010 - Definitions
Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the definitions in this section apply throughout this chapter.
(1) "Agency" means the fiduciary relationship in which title to the property constituting the agency does not pass to the trust department but remains in the owner of the property, who is known as the principal, and in which the agent is charged with certain specific duties with respect to the property.
(2) "Agency coupled with an interest" means an agency in which the agent has a legal interest in the subject matter. Such an agency is not terminated automatically, as are other agencies, by the death of the principal but continue in effect until the agent can realize upon its legal interest.
(3) "Fiduciary powers" means the power to act in any fiduciary capacity authorized by the state of Washington including, but not limited to; trustee, executor, administrator, registrar of stocks and bonds, guardian of estates, assignee, receiver, agent, custodian, escrow agent, corporate bond paying and transfer agent, escrow holder, managing agent, depositary, committee of estates of incompetents.
(4) "Managing agent" means the fiduciary relationship assumed by a trust department upon the creation of an account which names the association as agent and confers investment discretion upon the association.
(5) "Director" means the director of the department of financial institutions.
(6) "Trust business" means the business of doing any or all of the activities specified in RCW 30.08.150(2) through (11).
(7) "Trust department" means that group or groups of officers and employees of a savings and loan association to whom are designated by the board of directors the performance of the fiduciary responsibilities of the association, whether or not the groups or groups are so named.
Statutory Authority: RCW 33.04.025 and 43.320.040. 00-17-140, amended and recodified as § 208-594-010, filed 8/22/00, effective 9/22/00. Statutory Authority: RCW 33.12.010(24). 88-02-068 (Order 87-2), § 419-56-010, filed 1/6/88.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.