222-12-0403 - *Cooperative development of guidelines for alternate plans
222-12-0403. *Cooperative development of guidelines for alternate plans
The department will develop the section for alternate plans (WAC 222-12-090(21)) to submit to the board in cooperation with representatives of the small forest landowner office and advisory committee, the departments of ecology and fish and wildlife, United States Fish and Wildlife Service, National Marine Fisheries Service, and affected Indian tribes.
The manual should include:
(1) As required by RCW 76.13.110(3), the small forest landowner office recommendations for alternate plans or alternate harvest restrictions that meet riparian functions while generally requiring less costly regulatory prescriptions;
(2) The effectiveness of strategies for meeting resource objectives and protecting public resources;
(3) Template prescriptions designed to meet resource objectives to address common situations that are repeatedly addressed in alternate plans or strategies to simplify the development of future plans or strategies, including low impact situations and site-specific physical features;
(4) Appropriate recognition or credit for improving the condition of public resources; and
(5) Criteria to assist the department in determining whether a small forest landowner alternate plan qualifies as a low impact alternate plan.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 34.05 RCW, RCW 76.09.040,[76.09.]050, [76.09.]370, 76.13.120(9). 01-12-042, § 222-12-0403, filed 5/30/01, effective 7/1/01.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.