296-30-085 - What is different about billing for a crime victim claimant?

296-30-085. What is different about billing for a crime victim claimant?

(1) Providers must qualify as approved providers and register with the crime victims compensation program before they are authorized to provide treatment and receive payment. To register with the crime victims compensation program, you must send us:

(a) A completed provider application and Form W-9.

(b) A legible copy of your professional license, certification and/or registration.

(c) Ph.D.s not licensed as psychologists and master level counselors must provide a legible copy of their degree.

(2) Providers must determine if any public or private insurance benefits are available before billing the department. Public or private insurance must be billed first and a copy of the insurance explanation of benefits must be attached to billings submitted to the department. All copayments, deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses not covered by primary insurance should be included in your billings to the department.

(3) On claims closed over ninety days, and the maximum benefit has not been reached, we will pay up to the maximum benefit for completion of a reopening application, an office visit, and diagnostic studies necessary to complete the application. No other benefits will be paid until the reopening decision is made. If the reopening application is approved, we can pay benefits for a period not to exceed sixty days prior to the date the reopening application was received by us.

Statutory Authority: Chapter 7.68 RCW. 11-22-054, § 296-30-085, filed 10/31/11, effective 12/1/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 7.68.030, 7.68.080, 7.68.130. 00-03-056, § 296-30-085, filed 1/14/00, effective 2/14/00.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.