296-310-010 - Definitions
For the purposes of this chapter:
(1) "Agricultural employee" means any person who renders personal services to, or under the direction of, an agricultural employer in connection with the employer's agricultural activity.
(2) "Agricultural employer" means any person engaged in agricultural activity, including the growing, producing, or harvesting of farm or nursery products, or engaged in the forestation or reforestation of lands, which includes but is not limited to the planting, transplanting, tubing, precommercial thinning, and thinning of trees and seedlings, the clearing, piling, and disposal of brush and slash, the harvest of Christmas trees, and other related activities.
(3) "Bonded contractor" means a contractor who obtained a surety bond in order to comply with RCW 19.30.030(5).
(4) "Contractor" means a farm labor contractor.
(5) "Department" means the department of labor and industries.
(6) "Director" means the director of the department of labor and industries.
(7) "Employee" means an agricultural employee.
(8) "Farm labor contractor" means any person, or his or her agent or subcontractor, who, for a fee, performs any farm labor contracting activity.
(9) "License" means a farm labor contractor license.
(10) "Secured contractor" means a contractor who assigned a savings account to, or deposited cash or other security with, the department in order to comply with RCW 19.30.030(5).
(11) "Security" means a savings account assigned to, or cash or other security deposited with, the department.
Statutory Authority: RCW 19.30.130. 86-01-027 (Order 85-34), § 296-310-010, filed 12/11/85.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.