296-310-020 - Application for initial and renewed licenses
296-310-020. Application for initial and renewed licenses
(1) To obtain a license, a contractor must:
(a) Complete an application for a license;
(b) Provide the information required by RCW 19.30.030(1), (6), and (7);
(c) Obtain a surety bond or provide other acceptable security to the department. If the contractor obtains a bond, it must submit the original bond to the department;
(d) Obtain insurance and supply the information required by WAC 296-310-040(2) if the contractor seeks a license to transport workers; and
(e) Pay the fee set by WAC 296-310-060.
(2) The department shall send a renewal notice to the contractor's last recorded address at least forty-five days before the contractor's license expires. The contractor may renew its license if it submits the renewal notice and provides the materials required in subsection (1)(b), (c), (d) if appropriate, and (e) of this section.
(3) The contractor must submit all materials to the department in one package. Each of the materials must name the contractor exactly as it is named on the application for license or the renewal notice. If the contractor is renewing its license, each of the materials must include the contractor's license number. If any of the materials are missing, do not properly name the contractor, or do not include the license number, the department shall refuse to license or renew the license of the contractor.
(4) The bond and the insurance policy must expire no sooner than the expiration date of the license for which the contractor has applied.
(5) Applications for issuance or renewal of a license must be sent to:
Department of Labor and Industries
General Administration Building
Olympia WA 98504
Statutory Authority: RCW 19.30.130. 86-01-027 (Order 85-34), § 296-310-020, filed 12/11/85.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.