296-400A-021 - How do I obtain a medical gas piping installer endorsement?
296-400A-021. How do I obtain a medical gas piping installer endorsement?
(Only journey level plumbers holding active state of Washington certification may apply for this endorsement.) This section applies if you have never held the endorsement.
You can obtain a medical gas piping installer endorsement by completing the following requirements:
(1) Submit an application to the department;
(2) Pay the application fee shown in WAC 296-400A-045;
(3) Submit the required evidence of approved training to the department;
(4) Pass the written and practical competency examination provided by a nationally recognized testing agency under contract with the department;* and
(5) Pay the endorsement issuance fee shown in WAC 296-400A-045 to the department.
* This section applies if you previously held the endorsement.
(6) If you previously held a medical gas endorsement in Washington and it has been expired for more than ninety days, you are required to take the department's medical gas examination. You can apply for the examination by completing the following requirements:
(a) Submit an application to the department;
(b) Pay the examination fee shown in WAC 296-400A-045;
(c) Pass the competency examination;
(d) Pay the certificate issuance fee within ninety days of notification of passing the written examination;
(e) Failure to pay within ninety days will require reexamination.(Amended by WSR 16-08-100, Filed 4/5/2016, effective 5/16/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 19.103.040, 18.106.140, and chapter 18.106 RCW. 05-11-061, § 296-400A-021, filed 5/17/05, effective 6/30/05. Statutory Authority: RCW 18.106.040, 18.106.140, 2002 c 82, and 2003 c 399. 04-12-046, § 296-400A-021, filed 5/28/04, effective 6/30/04. Statutory Authority: Chapter 18.106 RCW. 98-13-126, § 296-400A-021, filed 6/17/98, effective 7/20/98.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.