296-403A-110 - Insurance
The following are the requirements for insurance for amusement rides and structures:
(1) An original copy of the insurance policy in an amount not less than one million dollars per occurrence from an insurer authorized to do business in the state of Washington must be filed with the department.
(2) A certificate of insurance must be presented to either the sponsor, lessor, landowner or other person responsible for an amusement ride being offered for use by the public.
(3) The insurance company must notify the department at least thirty days before canceling or revoking a policy and upon the nonrenewal of the policy.
(4) If the insurance company withdraws, cancels, revokes, suspends, or excludes coverage of any ride(s) from any policy furnished to the department, such withdrawal, cancellation, revocation, suspension, or exclusion must be plainly stated in documents furnished to the department.
(5) The department must be notified within twenty-four hours of the withdrawal, cancellation, revocation, suspension, or exclusion of insurance coverage of an amusement ride or structure for which an operating permit has been issued by the department.
Statutory Authority: RCW 19.28.010, 19.28.031, 19.28.061, 19.28.101, 19.28.171, 19.28.191, 19.28.201, 19.28.251, 19.28.271, 19.28.311, 19.28.321, 67.42.020, 67.42.025, 67.42.050, and chapters 19.28 and 67.42 RCW. 02-21-103, § 296-403A-110, filed 10/22/02, effective 11/22/02.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.