296-56-60037 - Car plates
296-56-60037. Car plates
You must use a railway car plate whenever workers are required to move cargo into or out of a railway car that meets the following specifications:
(1) All car plates must be strong enough to carry maximum loads with a safety factor of three.
(2) All car plates must be provided with positive stops to prevent shifting of plates. One set of these stops must be adjustable to allow for different spaces between car door and platform.
(3) Car plates must be so shaped that edges will always bear on the floor of car and platform to prevent "teetering" or rocking.
(4) All car plates must have skid resistant surfaces.
(5) All car plates must be provided with toe or guard plates at the sides with a minimum height of four inches.
(6) All car plates must bear no less than six inches back from edge of platform.
(7) Maximum capacity of car plates must be marked in a conspicuous place.
(8) Car plates must be provided with an appropriate fixture to enable the plates to be lifted and moved by fork trucks.(Amended by WSR 15-24-102, Filed 12/1/2015, effective 1/5/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040 and 49.17.050. 86-03-064 (Order 86-02), § 296-56-60037, filed 1/17/86; 85-01-022 (Order 84-24), § 296-56-60037, filed 12/11/84.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.