296-56-60117 - Maintenance and load limits
296-56-60117. Maintenance and load limits
(1) You must maintain the structural integrity of docks, piers, wharves, terminals and working surfaces.
(2) You must conspicuously post maximum safe load limits, in pounds per square foot (kilograms per square meter), of floors elevated above ground level, and pier structures over the water in all cargo areas.
|Exception:||Pier structures used primarily for vehicle traffic may be posted in maximum pounds per axle weight.|
(3) You must make sure maximum safe load limits are not exceeded.
(4) You must maintain all walking and working surfaces in the terminal area in good repair.
(5) You must secure all steel plates, boards, etc., used to temporarily cover small holes or weakened surfaces in such a manner as to prevent movement.
(6) You must barricade all large openings or weakened surfaces on all exposed sides with barricades equipped with blinkers, flashing lights, or reflectors.
(7) You must light areas around bitts or cleats where workers perform their duties as required in this section and have a nonslip surface around each bitt or cleat.(Amended by WSR 15-24-102, Filed 12/1/2015, effective 1/5/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040 and 49.17.050. 86-03-064 (Order 86-02), § 296-56-60117, filed 1/17/86; 85-10-004 (Order 85-09), § 296-56-60117, filed 4/19/85; 85-01-022 (Order 84-24), § 296-56-60117, filed 12/11/84.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.