296-56-60151 - Guide rails
296-56-60151. Guide rails
You must provide a minimum of two car guide rails. They must:
(1) Extend at least six inches beyond the maximum travel of the car with buffers compressed.
(2) Be securely fastened to a vertical supporting member for the full length of elevator travel.
(3) Be not less than one and one-half inch by one and one-half inch vertical grain fir or equivalent, one-quarter inch by two inch by two inch angle iron or equivalent.
(4) Not vary more than three-sixteenths inch thickness on brake surfaces for wood guide rails.
(5) Be secured to resist more than one-half inch total deflection on car safety application and resist a two hundred fifty pound horizontal thrust.(Amended by WSR 15-24-102, Filed 12/1/2015, effective 1/5/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040 and 49.17.050. 86-03-064 (Order 86-02), § 296-56-60151, filed 1/17/86; 85-01-022 (Order 84-24), § 296-56-60151, filed 12/11/84.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.