296-56-60161 - Car controls and safety devices
296-56-60161. Car controls and safety devices
(1) You must make sure car controls are of automatic pushbutton, constant pressure pushbutton or momentary pushbutton types. Hand rope and car switch controls must not be used.
(2) You must install manually operated emergency stop switches in all cars not equipped with constant pressure pushbutton controls. The switch must be clearly marked "emergency stop."
(3) You must make sure terminal limiting devices operate independently of the car controls and automatically stop the car at the top and bottom terminal landings.
(4) You must equip all winding drum machine type elevators with top and bottom final limit switches.
(5) You must require a slack rope device of manual reset design on all winding drum type machines. The device must be designed to deener-gize the circuit to the drive motor and brake.
(6) You must equip all installations with an overspeed governor. This governor must be set not to exceed one hundred seventy-five feet per minute and must be designed to deenergize the brake control and motor drive circuits simultaneously with the activation of the car safety mechanism. Car speeds for these types of installations must not exceed a speed of one hundred twenty-five feet per minute.(Amended by WSR 15-24-102, Filed 12/1/2015, effective 1/5/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040 and 49.17.050. 86-03-064 (Order 86-02), § 296-56-60161, filed 1/17/86; 85-01-022 (Order 84-24), § 296-56-60161, filed 12/11/84.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.