296-56-60219 - Employee exits
296-56-60219. Employee exits
(1) You must clearly mark employee exits
(2) You must post directional signs indicating routes to the exit if an employee exit is not visible from employees' work stations.
(3) You must make sure exits are readily accessible and sufficient in number to provide employees with a convenient means of escape in emergencies. A clear passage to the exit shall be maintained.
(4) You must make sure the minimum width of any employee exit is twenty-eight inches (71.12 cm).
(5) You must clearly mark and keep clear all fire exits and aisleways of all docks and warehouses . All main aisleways must be wide enough to permit passage of a fire truck.
(6) You must maintain a twenty-eight inch clearance where employees use a passageway to an exit.
(7) You must provide every building, structure or crane, new or old, with an emergency means of egress to permit the prompt escape of occupants in case of fire or other emergency, at all locations with a vertical height of thirty feet or more. Cranes, buildings, or structures erected prior to January 1, 1985, must comply with the provisions of this standard by July 1, 1986.(Amended by WSR 15-24-102, Filed 12/1/2015, effective 1/5/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, [49.17].040, and[49.17].050 . 00-21-103, § 296-56-60219, filed 10/18/00, effective 2/1/01. Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.040 and 49.17.050. 86-03-064 (Order 86-02), § 296-56-60219, filed 1/17/86; 85-10-004 (Order 85-09), § 296-56-60219, filed 4/19/85; 85-01-022 (Order 84-24), § 296-56-60219, filed 12/11/84.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.