296-65-017 - Contractor certification
296-65-017. Contractor certification
(1) In order to obtain certification, an asbestos contractor must submit an application to the department. The application must provide the following information:
(a) A list of asbestos supervisors (include certification number) working for the company;
(b) A statement certifying that the contractor has read and understands all applicable Washington state rules and regulations regarding asbestos abatement and will comply with them; and
(c) A statement certifying that the applicant contractors asbestos license or accreditation issued by any other state or jurisdiction has not been revoked, suspended, or denied by that state or jurisdiction.
(2) Contractors that have previously held an asbestos contractor certification including out-of-state or country, must provide a list of asbestos projects conducted by the contractor during the previous twelve months. Such list must include for each project:
(a) Project name;
(c) Brief description;
(d) Identity of any citations or enforcement actions issued for violations of asbestos regulations by any local, state, or federal jurisdiction relative to each individual project; and
(e) Name of the on-site project manager or supervisor.
(3) Upon approval, the department will issue the contractor a certificate. Denial of approval must be in writing.
(4) Certificates will be coordinated with the expiration date of the contractor registration issued under chapter 18.27 RCW. Certificates may be valid for less than one year, in which circumstance the fee in WAC 296-65-025 must be prorated accordingly.
(5) The application for certificate renewal must contain the information specified in subsection (1) of this section.
(6) Certificate renewal applications must be received by the department to allow sufficient time for processing. Applications will not be processed sooner than fifteen days before expiration.
(7) The department may suspend or revoke the certificate as provided in WAC 296-65-050 and chapter 296-900 WAC.(Amended by WSR 17-18-075, Filed 9/5/2017, effective 10/6/2017 Amended by WSR 20-03-153, Filed 1/21/2020, effective 3/2/2020)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. 07-03-163, § 296-65-017, filed 1/24/07, effective 4/1/07. Statutory Authority: Chapter 49.17 RCW. 89-21-018 (Order 89-10), § 296-65-017, filed 10/10/89, effective 11/24/89.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.