296-842-18010 - Make sure employees leave the use area before removing respirators
296-842-18010. Make sure employees leave the use area before removing respirators
Make sure employees leave the use area for of these reasons:
(1) To replace air-purifying filters, cartridges, or canisters;
(2) When they smell or taste (detect) vapor or gas leakage from, for example, cartridges, canister, or the facepiece seal;
(3) When they detect changes in breathing resistance;
(4) To readjust their respirators;
(5) To wash their faces and respirators as necessary to prevent skin or eye irritation;
(6) If they become ill;
(7) If they experience sensations of dizziness, nausea, weakness, breathing difficulty, coughing, sneezing, vomiting, fever, or chills.(Amended by WSR 17-18-075, Filed 9/5/2017, effective 10/6/2017)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. 07-05-072, § 296-842-18010, filed 2/20/07, effective 4/1/07; 03-20-114, § 296-842-18010, filed 10/1/03, effective 1/1/04.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.