296-876-40025 - Climbing and descending
296-876-40025. Climbing and descending
(1) You must have employees use at least one hand to grasp the ladder when climbing up and down it.
(2) You must face the ladder when climbing or descending.
(3) You must keep ladders free of oil, grease, or other slippery materials.
(4) You must keep the area around the top and bottom of ladders clear.
(5) You must make sure single-rail ladders are not used.
(6) You must make sure no employee carries any object or load that could cause the employee to lose balance and fall while climbing up or down the ladder.(Amended by WSR 14-09-095, filed 4/22/14, effective 7/1/14 Amended by WSR 20-09-146, Filed 4/21/2020, effective 10/1/2020)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. 05-20-068, § 296-876-40025, filed 10/4/05, effective 1/1/06.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.