296-876-80010 - Climbing and descending
296-876-80010. Climbing and descending
(1) You must have employees use at least one hand to grasp the ladder when climbing up and down it.
(2) You must face the ladder when climbing or descending.
(3) You must keep ladders free of oil, grease, or other slippery materials.
(4) You must make sure no employee carries any object or load that could cause the employee to lose balance and fall while climbing up or down the ladder.
(5) You must make sure fixed ladders are used only for the purposes for which they were designed.(Amended by WSR 14-09-095, filed 4/22/14, effective 7/1/14 Amended by WSR 20-09-146, Filed 4/21/2020, effective 10/1/2020)
Statutory Authority: RCW 49.17.010, 49.17.040, 49.17.050, 49.17.060. 06-16-020, § 296-876-80010, filed 7/24/06, effective 12/1/06.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.