308-330-270 - Local authority - Authority
308-330-270. Local authority - Authority
After an engineering and traffic investigation by the traffic engineer, the local authority may by resolution:
(1) Decrease maximum speed limits pursuant to RCW 46.61.415;
(2) Increase maximum speed limits pursuant to RCW 46.61.415;
(3) Determine and declare the maximum speed limits on arterial highways pursuant to RCW 46.61.415;
(4) Determine and declare upon what highways angle parking shall be permitted pursuant to RCW 46.61.575(3);
(5) Prohibit, regulate, or limit, stopping, standing, or parking of vehicles on any highway at all times or during such times as shall be indicated by official traffic control devices;
(6) Determine and declare parking meter zones upon those highways or parts thereof where the installation of parking meters will be necessary to regulate parking;
(7) Close any highway or part thereof temporarily to any or all traffic;
(8) Determine and declare one-way highways pursuant to RCW 46.61.135;
(9) Determine and declare arterial highways pursuant to RCW 46.61.195 and 46.61.435.
Statutory Authority: RCW 46.90.010. 94-01-082, § 308-330-270, filed 12/13/93, effective 7/1/94.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.