314-02-0411 - What are the food service requirements for a hotel license?

314-02-0411. What are the food service requirements for a hotel license?

(1) A hotel licensee must have the ability to serve at least eight complete meals to hotel guests or any other patron of the hotel who is offered alcohol service for on-premise consumption at a food outlet on the hotel premises. Food outlets include room service, banquets, bars/lounges, restaurants, or coffee shops. "Complete meal" is defined in WAC 314-02-035.

(2) Complete meals must be prepared on the hotel premises.

(3) A menu must be available to hotel guests and patrons offered alcohol service that lists, at a minimum, the required complete meals.

(4) The food items required to maintain the menu must be located on the licensed premises. These items must be edible.


(a) Licensees must maintain complete meal service for a minimum of five hours a day between the hours of 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 a.m. on any day that liquor is served. The board may consider written requests for exceptions to this requirement due to a demonstrated hardship and may allow exceptions under terms and conditions the board determines are in the best interests of the public.

(b) Minimum food service must be available during hours of alcohol service when complete meal service is not offered. Minimum food service includes items such as hamburgers or fry orders. Snacks such as peanuts, popcorn, and chips do not qualify as minimum food service.

(6) Hours of complete meal service must be listed on the menu. If applicable, a statement must be posted or listed on the menu that minimum food service is available when alcohol is served and complete meal service is unavailable.

Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and chapter 66.24 RCW. 11-23-045, § 314-02-0411, filed 11/9/11, effective 12/10/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and 66.24.363. 11-01-133, § 314-02-0411, filed 12/21/10, effective 1/21/11. Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and 66.24.590. 08-17-067, § 314-02-0411, filed 8/19/08, effective 9/19/08.

The following state regulations pages link to this page.