314-02-044 - Application process and guidelines for a VIP airport lounge liquor license
314-02-044. Application process and guidelines for a VIP airport lounge liquor license
(1) RCW 66.24.010 states the board will only issue licenses and permits to applicants and locations that meet certain qualifications. Please see chapter 314-07 WAC for liquor license qualifications and application process.
(2) An applicant for a VIP airport lounge license must include a sketch of the VIP airport lounge area including the service bar area and where the alcohol inventory will be stored.
(3) All alcohol inventory must be stored on the VIP airport lounge licensed premises.
(4) Access to a VIP airport lounge is generally limited to:
(a) Ticketed airline passengers of any age who have first class, executive, or business class tickets;
(b) Qualified members or guests of loyalty incentive programs, members or guests of enhanced amenities programs;
(c) Passengers or airline employees issued a pass by the airline for access; and
(d) Airport, airline employees, government officials, and attendees of airport authority or airlines for business promotion with controlled access by the VIP airport lounge licensee.
(5) Between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., licensees or employees may not:
(a) Provide, offer, or sell liquor;
(b) Deliver liquor (except that beer and/or wine distributors may deliver beer and/or wine to retail licensees between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m.);
(c) Allow liquor to be consumed on the premises; or
(d) Possess liquor, except that persons working on the premises may possess liquor between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 a.m. while in the performance of their official duties.
(6) A local government subdivision may fix later opening hours or earlier closing hours than those specified in this rule, so long as the hours apply to all licensed premises in the local government subdivision's jurisdiction. See WAC 314-12-215(3) for exceptions when a premises is in a board recognized alcohol impact area.(Amended by WSR 17-12-030, Filed 5/31/2017, effective 7/1/2017)
Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and chapter 66.24 RCW. 11-23-045, § 314-02-044, filed 11/9/11, effective 12/10/11.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.