314-38-040 - Alcohol raffle permit-Fee
314-38-040. Alcohol raffle permit-Fee
(1) Any organization authorized to conduct a raffle under RCW 9.46.0315 may raffle alcohol upon obtaining a raffle permit from the board. The fee for a raffle permit is ten dollars for a one-time raffle permit or twenty-five dollars for an annual permit.
(2) An application for a raffle permit must be submitted at least thirty days in advance of ticket sales.
(3) An application for a raffle permit must contain the following information:
(a) The full name of the bona fide charitable or bona fide nonprofit organization with verification of qualification as referenced in RCW 9.46.0209;
(b) The name, address, and phone number of the organization's officer in charge of the raffle;
(c) The date the raffle ticket sales will begin;
(d) The date, time, and exact location of the drawing;
(e) A description of the alcohol being raffled including its estimated value; and
(f) The source of the alcohol to be raffled (purchased at retail or donated by a private citizen).
(4) An organization's officer must certify that:
(a) Only organization members may purchase tickets or be awarded prizes;
(b) The organization meets the qualifications of a bona fide charitable or bona fide nonprofit organization under RCW 9.46.0209;
(c) The organization will not sell more than five thousand dollars of raffle tickets in a calendar year; and
(d) The organization will not sell raffle tickets to anyone under twenty-one years of age when alcohol is awarded as a prize.
(5) Alcohol to be raffled must have all applicable Washington State taxes paid and may only be:
(a) Purchased at retail; or
(b) Donated by a private citizen.
(6) The issued raffle permit will include:
(a) The organization name and address;
(b) The date and time of the drawing;
(c) The effective dates of the raffle permit; and
(d) A description of the alcohol to be raffled.
(7) The raffle permit must be posted at the location of the drawing prior to and during the drawing. The organization or person in charge of the raffle must allow any representative of either the board or any law enforcement officer, or both, to inspect the raffle permit and raffle items at any time.(Amended by WSR 21-01-057, Filed 12/9/2020, effective 1/9/2021)
Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030. 92-01-079, § 314-38-040, filed 12/16/91, effective 1/16/92.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.