314-38-060 - Special permit for community or technical colleges, regional universities, or state universities
314-38-060. Special permit for community or technical colleges, regional universities, or state universities
(1) Community or technical colleges, regional universities, or state universities may apply for a special permit authorized by RCW 66.20.010(12) to allow tasting of alcohol by persons at least eighteen years of age who are enrolled as students in a required or elective class that is part of a culinary, sommelier, wine business, enology, viticulture, wine technology, beer technology or spirituous technology-related degree program.
(2) Students at least eighteen but under twenty-one years of age may not consume or purchase alcohol, but may taste alcohol for the purposes of educational training as part of the class curriculum with approval of the educational provider.
(3) Tastings may occur on the premises of the college or university at which the student is enrolled or while on a field trip to a grape-growing area or production facility.
(4) All tastings must be done under the supervision of a faculty or staff member of the college or university who is at least twenty-one years of age and possesses a class twelve or thirteen alcohol server permit under the provisions of RCW 66.20.310.
(5) There is no fee for this permit.(Adopted by WSR 14-03-078, filed 1/15/14, effective 2/15/14 Amended by WSR 16-01-102, Filed 12/16/2015, effective 1/16/2016 Amended by WSR 21-01-057, Filed 12/9/2020, effective 1/9/2021)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.