314-38-070 - Day spa permit-Fee
314-38-070. Day spa permit-Fee
(1) The annual fee for a day spa permit authorized by RCW 66.20.400 is one hundred twenty-five dollars.
(2) "Day spa" is defined as a business that offers at least three of the following four service categories:
(a) Hair care (haircut, hair color, perms, etc.);
(b) Skin care (facials, makeup application);
(c) Nail care (manicure, pedicure); and
(d) Body care (massage, wraps, waxing).
(3) The holder of a day spa permit may offer complimentary wine or beer by the individual glass under the following conditions:
(a) Customers must be at least twenty-one years of age;
(b) Spa services must last more than one hour;
(c) A customer may consume no more than one six ounce glass of wine or one twelve ounce glass of beer per day;
(d) Employees involved in the service of wine or beer must complete a board-approved limited alcohol server training program;
(e) Permit holders may not advertise the service of complimentary wine or beer;
(f) Wine and beer must be purchased from a Washington state licensed retailer;
(g) The permit must be posted in a conspicuous area at the point of sale; and
(h) At least three of the service area categories must be in separate areas of the spa.
(4) The board has the right to inspect the premises and business records at any time.
(5) Consistent with RCW 66.20.070, failure to comply with applicable laws and rules may result in the suspension or cancellation of the permit.(Adopted by WSR 14-20-046, Filed 9/24/2014, effective 10/25/2014 Amended by WSR 21-01-057, Filed 12/9/2020, effective 1/9/2021)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.