314-55-015 - General information about marijuana licenses
314-55-015. General information about marijuana licenses
(1) A person or entity must meet certain qualifications under this chapter to receive a marijuana license, which are continuing qualifications required to maintain the license.
(2) All applicants, licensees, and employees working in each licensed establishment must be at least twenty-one years of age. No one under twenty-one years of age is allowed to enter or remain on a marijuana licensed premises except as provided in RCW 69.50.357.
(3) Minors restricted signs must be posted at all marijuana licensed premises consistent with the requirements in WAC 314-55-086.
(4) A marijuana license applicant may not exercise any of the privileges of a marijuana license until the WSLCB approves the license application.
(5) The WSLCB will not approve any marijuana license for a location where law enforcement access, without notice or cause, is limited. This includes a personal residence.
(6) The WSLCB will not approve any marijuana license for a location on federal lands.
(7) The WSLCB will not approve any marijuana license within the exterior boundaries of the reservation of a federally recognized tribe without the express written consent of the tribe. If a tribe receives written notice from the WSLCB of a license application or change request under RCW 69.50.331 and the tribe does not respond to the WSLCB within thirty days of the date of that notice, the WSLCB will assume the tribe does not consent to the location of the applicant or licensee and the applicant or licensee must find a different location.
(8) The WSLCB will not approve any marijuana retailer license for a location within another business with the exception of the research license consistent with WAC 314-55-073. More than one license may be located in the same building if each licensee has their own area separated by full walls with their own entrance, or if the same business entity holds a producer license and a processor license at the same location under a single license number. Product may not be commingled.
(9) Every marijuana licensee must post and keep posted its license, or licenses, and any additional correspondence containing conditions and restrictions imposed by the WSLCB in a conspicuous place on the premises.
(10) In approving a marijuana license, the WSLCB reserves the right to impose special conditions as to the involvement in the operations of the licensed business of any former licensees, their former employees, or any person who does not qualify for a marijuana license.
(11) A marijuana producer, processor or retailer licensed by the WSLCB must conduct the production, processing, storage, and sale of marijuana-infused products using sanitary practices.
(12) Marijuana licensees may not allow the consumption of marijuana or marijuana-infused products on or within the licensed premises.(Amended by WSR 15-11-107, Filed 5/20/2015, effective 6/20/2015 Amended by WSR 16-11-110, Filed 5/18/2016, effective 6/18/2016 Amended by WSR 18-22-055, Filed 10/31/2018, effective 12/1/2018)
Statutory Authority: RCW 69.50.325, 69.50.331, 69.50.342, 69.50.345. WSR 13-21-104, ? § 314-55-015, filed 10/21/13, effective 11/21/13. WSR 13-21-003, § 314-55-015, filed 10/3/2013, effective 11/3/2013
The following state regulations pages link to this page.