314-55-410 - Cooperatives
(1) A cooperative may be formed by qualifying patients and/or designated providers to share responsibility for growing and processing marijuana only for the medical use of the members of the cooperative. A cooperative must meet the following criteria:
(a) All cooperative members must be at least twenty-one years of age. The designated provider of a qualifying patient under twenty-one years of age may be a member of a cooperative on the qualifying patient's behalf;
(b) All cooperative members must hold valid recognition cards as defined by RCW 69.51A.010;
(c) No more than four qualifying patients or designated providers may become members of a cooperative;
(d) Qualifying patients or designated providers may only participate in one cooperative;
(e) A cooperative member may only grow plants in the cooperative and may not grow plants elsewhere;
(f) Cooperative members must participate in growing plants. Cooperative members must provide nonmonetary resources and assistance in order to participate. A monetary contribution or donation is not considered assistance;
(g) Cooperative members may grow up to the total amount of plants for which each cooperative member is authorized on his or her recognition card. At the location, the qualifying patients or designated providers may possess the amount of useable marijuana that can be produced with the number of plants permitted, but no more than seventy-two ounces;
(h) Cooperative members may not sell, donate, or otherwise provide marijuana, marijuana concentrates, useable marijuana, or other marijuana-infused products to a person who is not a member of the cooperative;
(i) A cooperative may not be located within a one mile radius of a marijuana retailer;
(j) A cooperative must be located at the domicile of one of the cooperative members. Only one cooperative may be located per property tax parcel; and
(k) To obscure public view of the premises, outdoor marijuana production must be enclosed by a sight obscure wall or fence at least eight feet high.
(2) People who wish to form a cooperative must register the location with the WSLCB. The location registered is the only location where cooperative members may grow or process marijuana. The following is required to register a cooperative:
(a) Submit a completed Marijuana Cooperative Registration Form;
(b) Submit copies of each person's recognition card who is seeking to be part of the registered cooperative;
(c) Submit a deed, lease, rental agreement, or other document establishing ownership or control to the property where the cooperative is to be located. If the property is leased or rented, a sworn statement from the property owner granting permission to engage in a cooperative must also be submitted that includes a telephone number and address where the owner can be contacted for verification;
(d) Submit a sketch outlining the location where the marijuana is planned to be grown.
(3) WSLCB will contact the primary contact listed for each registered cooperative on an annual basis to ensure validity of recognition cards and to confirm the status, whether active or inactive, of the cooperative. If the WSLCB finds that the cooperative no longer meets the criteria required under this section, the WSLCB may not renew the cooperative registration.
(4) WSLCB may inspect a cooperative between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. unless otherwise agreed upon by cooperative members and WSLCB staff.
(5) If a person or persons seeking to register the cooperative fails to meet the requirements of a registered cooperative as provided in this section, the WSLCB will deny the cooperative registration.
(6) If the WSLCB finds a registered cooperative violated the requirements of this section, the WSLCB will revoke the cooperative's registration.
(7) A person may request an administrative hearing to contest a denial of registration, nonrenewal, or a revocation of a cooperative's registration under this section as provided in chapter 34.05 RCW.(Adopted by WSR 16-11-110, Filed 5/18/2016, effective 6/18/2016 Amended by WSR 16-19-102, Filed 9/21/2016, effective 10/22/2016 Amended by WSR 18-22-055, Filed 10/31/2018, effective 12/1/2018)
The following state regulations pages link to this page.