314-68-020 - Definitions
(1) "Alcoholic beverages" means liquor as defined in RCW 66.04.010(16).
(2) "Private individual" means a person bringing alcoholic beverages into the state from another state or from outside the United States for personal or household use.
(3) "Personal or household use" means:
(a) The alcoholic beverages are to be consumed by the private individual or the person's family or guests, or gifted to another private individual or a nonprofit organization that is not licensed by the board; and
(b) The alcoholic beverages may not be sold or resold.
(4) "Equivalent markup and tax" means the average state markup and tax that would apply to the purchase of the same or similar alcoholic beverages at retail from a state liquor store.
(5) "Bringing alcoholic beverages into the state" means personally carrying alcoholic beverages purchased outside the state into the state of Washington.
Persons who purchase alcohol for personal or household use from auction sellers may have their purchases shipped to them in the state of Washington, provided they obtain advance authorization from the board and arrange to pay the equivalent markup and tax (see WAC 314-68-040 or 314-68-050 for procedures).
Statutory Authority: RCW 66.08.030 and 66.12.120. 99-10-066, § 314-68-020, filed 5/4/99, effective 6/4/99; Order 60, § 314-68-020, filed 11/1/77; Order 40, § 314-68-020, Rule 135, filed 8/21/75.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.